Assess your work interests, personality, skills, values and leisure interests through FOCUS 2 CAREER to help determine educational and career choices.
Getting Started with FOCUS 2 CAREER
When should you use FOCUS 2?
Use FOCUS 2 throughout your college years and as an alumnus. FOCUS 2 can be used in different ways throughout all stages of your education and career planning according to your personal needs.
First- or Second-year Student
- Understand the career planning process.
- Learn about yourself through the self awareness assessments.
- Explore majors at your college that match your interests and support your career goals.
- Explore career fields and occupations that appeal to you.
- Develop an action plan.
- Make informed decisions about your major and career.
Upper Classman and Alumnus
- Conduct ongoing career exploration and awareness.
- Gain experience.
- Make career plans.
- Plan for advanced education and training.
- Explore future options for transitioning into specialized occupations.
How much time does it take to use FOCUS 2?
Typically, the total time spent by students the first time they use FOCUS 2 ranges from one to two hours. Of course, you can spend as much time as you wish.
The Career Readiness and Self Assessment modules of FOCUS 2 can usually be completed in approximately 45 minutes. You can log in at any time to spend additional time researching over 1,000 occupations.
A good strategy after using FOCUS 2 is to think about your results and make an appointment with the Career Development and Advising Center to discuss your ideas with a career counselor/advisor. Be sure to continue to use FOCUS 2 as on an ongoing resource.
Access FOCUS 2 CAREER
- Create your account by registering for FOCUS 2.
- Please contact the Career Development and Advising Center with your student ID to receive the access code.
- Access your FOCUS 2 account any time by entering your username and password on the login page (case sensitive).
- If you forget your username and password, go to the login page to have it emailed to you.
Things to Keep in Mind
- Use FOCUS 2 online on any phone, tablet, PC or Mac computer ... anywhere, any time.
- FOCUS 2 always saves your results.
- Use FOCUS 2 as often as you wish.
- You can change your mind about earlier choices, repeat a section and explore new options.
- Your results are stored online and are always available to you and your career counselor/advisor.
- Use the FOCUS 2 features in any order.
- Remember to save the majors and occupations that appeal to you as you review them.