The Claw Card is the GGC Community’s key to campus. It is your official Georgia Gwinnett College identification card and with it you can access services, events and make purchases on campus without having to carry cash.
Where to use your Claw Card
Student Copiers – use it to make
Recreation and Intramural Sports – it is your ID card to participate
Vending Machines – several vending
Residence Life – it is the entrance card for Student Housing
GGC Bookstore – use it to make purchases, online or in store
Wellness and Recreation Center – it is your membership card
Get Your Claw Card
- Most students receive their first Claw Card during Grizzly Orientation.
- You must present a government-issued picture ID (driver's license, passport, military ID, etc.) to receive your Claw Card.
- If you have not received your Claw Card during Grizzly Orientation, you can pick it up in the Claw Card Office.
To see the funds you have on your Claw Card, please log on to MyGGC (login required) and click on the "Claw Card" tab at the top of the screen.
Add Money to Your Claw Card
When you add money to your Claw Card, you are adding Cave Cash or Munch Money. There are three ways to do this:
- Faculty, staff and students can deposit money, in real-time, via MyGGC (login required) or the mobile app, Blackboard Transact Mobile eAccounts (preferred). Download the free app from iTunes App Store or Google Play.
- Use the PHIL Machine to deposit Cave Cash, located in the Building B Atrium and Student Center. Machine takes cash only.
- Visit Student Accounts. Payments in cash and/or by credit card are accepted. (Takes up to 24 hours to upload.)
- Friends and family may also deposit money online.
Munch Money and Dining Dollars
Grizzly Dining allows you to pay using Munch Money, Cave Cash, Dining Dollars, cash or credit cards. All commuter students are required to have a meal plan. Commuter student meal plan options are available based on enrolled credit hours for a semester.
These funds are voluntary and do not expire. Cave Cash can be used at all the campus dining venues just like Dining Dollars, but in addition, Cave Cash can be used for vending machines (when so equipped), the GGC Bookstore and Student Accounts.
Financial Aid Book Advance (FABA)
Conditions of Claw Card Use
- Your Claw Card is the property of Georgia Gwinnett College; you must carry it at all times while on Georgia Gwinnett College property, and present it upon request to any college official.
- The card is not transferable; if you allow another person to use your card or if you are in possession of someone else's card, the card may be confiscated, and both you and the other person may be subject to conduct or legal action.
- If you lose your card, you must report the loss immediately to the Claw Card Office, so that your card can be suspended. You will be required to pay a $15 fee at Student Accounts and bring the receipt to the Claw Card office for a replacement.