There are a variety of meal plans available to meet your campus dining needs. In addition, Munch Money and Dining Dollars can be used at any of the GGC dining facilities.
No matter what plan you have, your Claw Card will serve as your meal card, giving you access to all the campus dining facilities without having to carry cash. Transient students are required to purchase meal plans in fall and spring.
To see the funds you have on your Claw Card, please log on to MyGGC (login required) and click on the "Claw Card" tab at the top of the screen.
- Meals per Week are visits to the all-you-can-eat Dining Hall. These meals repeat/reset every week and unused meals during this week are forfeited.
- The Block Plan allows students to purchase a certain number of meals to use any time over the course of the semester at the Dining Hall. Faculty and staff may also purchase a Block Plan through Student Accounts.
- Munch Money gives parents and students added money to their existing food plan to be used for food purchased at any retail brand or to bring guests to the Student Center Dining Hall. Munch Money purchases are considered part of the student’s food plan and therefore are not subject to sales tax. All meals are per semester; any remaining meals on your plan do not roll over to the next semester. However, the remainder of your Munch Money will roll over from fall to spring semester and spring to summer semester. During the summer semester, any unused munch money will expire after final exams when resident students are required to vacate the residence halls.
- Dining Dollars gives students dollars to be used for food purchased at any retail brand or the Student Center Dining Hall. Dining Dollar purchases are considered non tax exempt and therefore are subject to sales tax at the point of sale. Dining Dollars will roll over from semester to semester and from year to year until you are no longer a student. Once you are no longer a student, the dollars are applied back to your Banner account and are returned if there is no outstanding balance owed to the College for tuition, fees or fines. Dining Dollars are eligible for refund upon request at the end of the academic year, usually the day after the last summer session final exam.
- Meal Exchange (ME) has been enhanced. Students can exchange one meal-swipe a day from the Dining Hall and use it in the retail locations. Locations vary. Please look for the ME sign by the register.
Students may only request a change in their meal plan selection within the first five days of the new semester. However, you may add additional funds to your Cave Cash or Dining Dollars at any time. Access MyGGC (login required) to add dollars via debit or credit card to your plan. Submit meal plan changes to the Claw Card office in Building E or Grizzly Dining in Building A.
All resident students are required to participate in a resident meal plan. The Meals per Week options are offered in combination with a Munch Money balance, as shown.
|Meals per Week Plans||Total Price per Semester||Average Price per Meal||Plan Details|
|Residential Access 5 (open to all)*||$1,565||$6.36||5-Day unlimited Dining Hall visits per week plus $300 in Munch Money per semester.|
|Residential Access 7 (open to all)*||$1,565||$4.50||7-Day unlimited Dining Hall visits per week plus $100 in Munch Money per semester. (Default)|
Summer meal plans are also available.
Commuter students are required to purchase a Commuter Meal Plan. These flexible options offer a Block Plan combined with a Munch Money balance, or Dining Dollars as shown below.
All freshmen commuters (30 or less credit hours) are required to at least purchase the Block 20 or may upgrade to any voluntary meal plan. All sophomore commuters automatically receive Dining Dollars based on overall credits earned. Junior and senior commuters will need to opt-in to receive a meal plan and may upgrade to any voluntary meal plan. All plans offer flexible options with Munch Money or Dining Dollars based on your credits, as shown below. Upgrades are available the first five days of school.
|Block, Munch Money and Dining Dollars Plans||Total Price per Semester||Average Price per Meal||Plan Details|
|Voluntary Meal Plan 75 Block Plus Munch Money||$600||$6.00||Upgrade open to all commuter students. Receive 75 Block meals in the Dining Hall and $150 in Munch Money per semester.|
|Voluntary Meal Plan 60 Block Plus Munch Money||$505||$6.38||Upgrade open to all commuter students. Receive 60 Block meals in the Dining Hall and $100 in Munch Money per semester.|
|Voluntary Meal Plan 75 Block||$450||$6.00||Upgrade open to all commuter students. Receive 75 Block meals in the Dining Hall per semester.|
|Voluntary Meal Plan 60 Block||$415||$6.38||Upgrade open to all commuter students. Receive 60 Block meals in the Dining Hall.|
|Voluntary Munch Money Only||$375||$6.05||This Munch Money only plan can be added to your Banner|
|Mandatory Commuter Meal Plan Fresh Block with Munch Money (all freshmen)||$250||$4.17||Commuter students with less than 30 credit hours receive 20 Block meals in the Dining Hall and $100 in Munch Money per semester. (Default)|
|Mandatory Commuter Meal Plan 240 with Dining Dollars (sophomores)||$240||$5.22||Commuter students with 31-60 credit hours receive $240 in Dining Dollars per semester.|
|Mandatory Commuter Meal Plan 120 with Dining Dollars (sophomores)*||$120||$5.22||(Fewer than 6 credit hours) Commuter students with 31-60 credit hours receive $120 in Dining Dollars per semester.|
|Munch Money add-on: (any amount added onto your Claw Card to be used only for food venues)||Any Amount||Any plans may add Munch Money to their card using online eAccount.|
Guest prices for the Dining Hall are available. Cash and credit cards are accepted.
- Breakfast – $6.17
- Lunch – $7.97
- Dinner – $9.50
- Brunch – $9.50
Cave Cash funds can be used anywhere on campus that the Claw Card is accepted, including food venues and vending machines. This account is voluntary and deposits can be made in any denomination. These funds do not expire. They roll over from semester to semester and from year to year until you are no longer a student. Once you are no longer a student, the money is applied back to your Banner account and is returned if there is no outstanding balance owed to the College for tuition, fees or fines. Cave Cash funds may be added to accounts at the Student Accounts Office located in Building D, or the PHIL machines located in Building B, Housing Building 1000, the Student Center or using the online eAccount.
Meal Plan rates are approved by the Board of Regents. Munch Money plans are tax exempt and cannot be traded, sold or transferred to a third party. Meal Plan holders may pay for guests using Munch Money, Dining Dollars, Cave Cash, debit/credit or cash at the Dining Hall door price.