A healthy and safe college environment both inside and outside of the classroom is at the core of a high-quality collegiate experience. GGC works hard to promote values such as integrity, fairness and honesty within its community.
Code of Conduct
Students play a key role in positively impacting the campus by adhering to the Code of Conduct and knowing their rights and responsibilities. Indeed, students are expected to follow these regulations and in turn these practices will better prepare every individual for the ever-changing demands of a complex world.
Read the Student Code of Conduct and Honor Statement online.
The main areas of misconduct are:
- Academic dishonesty
- Other acts of dishonesty
- Disorderly conduct
- Alcohol and other drug related misconduct
- Sexual assault and misconduct
- Theft, damage and disregard for property
- Fire safety and sanitation
- Unauthorized entry/use of college property
- Violations in Student Housing and Residence Life
- Misuse/abuse/theft of computer time/services
- Interference with the student integrity process
- Violation of any other college policy
- Violation of law
- Being associated with or knowing about any of the above
All alleged instances of misconduct will be treated in a fair and timely manner. Specific procedures are outlined in the Code of Conduct and described in detail. These procedures, including the appeals process, ensure due process and are fundamental to the student integrity process.
For more information, read the Student Integrity Process section of the Student Handbook.
Report a Violation of the Code of Conduct
Alleged violations of the code of conduct should be reported to the Director of Student Integrity. Submit report here.
To adjudicate and/or report alleged violations of academic dishonesty, faculty should use the Faculty Adjudication Form.