As part of its mission to provide a safe learning environment for students, Georgia Gwinnett College is committed to preventing sexual violence, addressing sexual misconduct and preventing alcohol abuse.
It is against GGC policy to engage in sexual misconduct / harassment. You may report any such incidents to the Office of Diversity, Institutional Equity and Title IX Program Administration, which coordinates the campus Title IX efforts.
Georgia Gwinnett College has partnered with EverFi, whose mission is to help students address critical life skills such as alcohol abuse prevention and sexual assault prevention, in higher education institutions across the country. Each year over 700,000 students complete these courses.
As part of our comprehensive prevention program for new freshmen and Move On When Ready (dual-enrollment) students, Georgia Gwinnett College requires that you complete EverFi’s AlcoholEdu® for College and Haven – Understanding Sexual Assault™ courses. This online education will empower you to make well-informed decisions about issues that affect your college years and beyond.
AlcoholEdu® for College and Haven – Understanding Sexual Assault™ courses must be completed. Failure to meet the deadline will result in a hold on your ability to register for classes.
Steps to Enroll and Complete Courses
You are expected to complete BOTH AlcoholEdu® for College and Haven – Understanding Sexual Assault™ courses. You only need one EverFi Higher Education account to access both courses.
- Go to: http://www.everfi.com/register
- Enter the registration code: bd08365f and click “I’m a Student” to create your EverFi account.
- YOU MUST REGISTER WITH YOUR GGC.edu EMAIL ADDRESS. No exceptions.
- Complete Part 1 of both AlcoholEdu® for College and Haven – Understanding Sexual Assault™
- Completion of Part 1 of AlcoholEdu® for College requires an exam score of at least 70%
- After 30-45 days, you will receive an invitation to complete Part 2 of AlcoholEdu® for College and Haven – Understanding Sexual Assault™
Other Important Information
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities. You may use the GGC Library resources.
- To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) released within the previous two years.
- You may take the course in multiple sittings.
- The course may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students’ answers.
- Should you experience problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the “Help” link within the course.