Mrs. Darisbell Valeriano
Admissions CounselorDownload vCard
Darisbell Valeriano joined Georgia Gwinnett College in May of 2019. She is a first-generation Latina college student. Valeriano got her Bachelor’s degree in psychology from Kennesaw State University. She is currently pursuing her Master’s degree in counseling education from Albany State University.
She has a deep commitment to education and empowerment. That’s why she enjoys orienting, advising and providing support services to motivate and guide the next wave of students. She has direct experience with academic planning and providing quality educational advisement for various degree programs.
Valeriano was born and raised in Atlanta. When she is not traveling or assisting students, Valeriano enjoys mountain biking, hiking, cooking, spending time with her family and friends, and doing DIY projects with the Cricut. The holiday season is her favorite time of year, and she especially enjoys Christmas!
- Master's (in progress) – counseling education – Albany State University
- Bachelor's – psychology – Kennesaw State University
- Multicultural aspects of academic advising
- Community service
- Time management
- First-generation students
- Georgia Association of College Registrars and Admissions Officers
- Southern Association for College Admission Counseling
- National Association for College Admission Counseling