Mr. Fredrick Ogolla
Biology Labs SupervisorDownload vCard
Mr. Ogolla joined Georgia Gwinnett College in the fall of 2007 from Georgia Perimeter College, where he coordinated science labs and taught human and cell biology courses. Prior to joining GPC, Ogolla was a research assistant at the Morehouse School of Medicine, conducting research in drug toxicity and chemical carcinogenesis. Ogolla also conducted lectures on biochemistry at Kenyatta University in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Master's – biology – Virginia State University
- Bachelor's – biology – Cheyney University of Pennsylvania
- Drug toxicity and chemical carcinogenesis
- Regulation of gene expression
- Kirlin, W.G., Ogolla, F., Andrews, A., Trinidad, A., Ferguson, R.J., Yerokun, T., Mpezo, M. and Hein, D.W.: Acetylator-genotype expression of arylamine N-acetyltransferase in human colon cytosol from normal and colorectal cancer patients. Cancer Research 51: 549-555, 1991.
- Ogolla, F., Ferguson, R.J., Kirlin, W.G., Trinidad, A., Andrews, A.F., Mpezo, M., and Hein, D.W.: Acetylator genotype-dependent expression of arylamine N-acetyltransferase and N-hydroxyarylamine O-acetyltransferase in Syrian inbred hamster intestine and colon: identity with the hepatic acetylation polymorphism. Drug Metabolism and Disposition. 18: 680-685, 1990.
- Trottier, R.W. and Ogolla, F.: In vivo-plaque-forming cell suppression by methyl 20ÃŸ-dihydroxyprednisolonate: Steroids, Vol. 55: 279-282, 1990.
- Hein, D.W., Kirlin, W.G., Ogolla, F., Trinidad, A., Thompson, L.K. and Ferguson, R.J.: The role of acetylator genotype on hepatic and extrahepatic acetylation, deacetylation, and sulfation of 2 aminofluorene, 2 acetylaminofluorene and N hydroxy 2 acetylaminofluorene in the inbred hamster. Drug Metabolism and Disposition 14: 566 573, 1986.
- Ezekwe, M.O., Ezekwe, E.I., Sen, D.K. and Ogolla, F.: Effects of maternal streptozotocin diabetes on fetal growth, energy reserves and body composition of new born pigs. Journal of Animal Science 59: 974 980, 1984.