Dr. Gregory T. Owen
Part-time Faculty, Psychology
Gregory T. Owen serves as adjunct faculty for Georgia Gwinnett College teaching in the area of psychology. He also serves as director of human resources for the Georgia Tech Enterprise Innovation Institute. He completed his graduate studies at Georgia State University with a Ph.D. in higher education policy and an M.S. in educational psychology. He has more than 18 years of experience working in higher education and in the field of human resources. His research interests include policy and organizational development, performance management, human resources process improvement and qualitative research design.
His background includes multiple higher education HR management assignments of progressive responsibility, college-level instructor appointments at three higher education institutions; and author of multiple research publications attracting more than 5,900 online downloads across more than 60 countries.
- Doctorate – educational policy – Georgia State University
- Master's – educational psychology – Georgia State University
- Bachelor's – philosophy – Eastern Michigan University
- Policy and organizational development
- Performance management
- Human resources process improvement
- Qualitative research design
- University Knowledge Hubs and Economic Growth, Georgia Institute of Technology Library of Scholarly Materials and Research, May 2014.
- Evolution of a Background Check Policy in Higher Education. The Qualitative Report, 2014 Volume 19(39)
- Qualitative Methods in Higher Education Policy Analysis, The Qualitative Report, 2014 Volume 19(52)
- A Four-Dimensional Study of Background Check Policy in Higher Education, Georgia Institute of Technology Library of Scholarly Materials and Research, August 2012.
- SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management) – national and Atlanta chapters
- ASHE (Association for the Study of Higher Education)