Dr. Hongxia Guan
Associate Professor of ChemistryDownload vCard
Dr. Hongxia Guan joined Georgia Gwinnett College in fall 2014 as an assistant professor of chemistry. She holds a bachelor’s degree in chemical education in China, master’s degree in environmental toxicology from Texas Tech University and a PhD. in analytical chemistry from the University of South Carolina.
Before coming to GGC, Guan was an assistant professor of forensic chemistry at Western Illinois University (WIU). She has taught undergraduate level general chemistry, analytical chemistry, forensic chemistry, forensic toxicology, forensic science and graduate level forensic analytical chemistry.
Guan’s research interest centers on application of analytical chemistry in the fields of food safety, environmental and human health, and physical evidence analysis.
- Doctorate – analytical chemistry – University of South Carolina
- Master’s – environmental toxicology – Texas Tech University
- Bachelor’s – chemical education – Yanbei Normal College (China)
- Food safety
- Environmental and human health
- Physical evidence analysis
- Outstanding Faculty Award for Undergraduate Student Research, Western Illinois University, 2013
- Provost Travel Award, Western Illinois University, 2012
- Professional Research & Creative Activities Award, Western Illinois University, 2011