Ms. Janet Loftis Whelan
Environmental Health and Safety OfficerDownload vCard
Ms. Janet Loftis Whelan started at GGC in 2008 as environmental health and safety officer for the School of Science and Technology. She was instrumental in assisting GGC in obtaining SACS Accreditation in 2009. Currently, she is responsible for all environmental health and safety issues for the School of Science and Technology.
Whelan has a Master’s degree in education with a concentration in leadership. She received her Bachelor’s degree from the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, Tenn. She came to GGC from the chemical manufacturing industry after 25 years of EHS working experience. She is a certified hazardous materials manager (since 1991).
- Master’s – education leadership – Columbus State University
- Bachelor’s – biology – University of Tennessee Knoxville
- Certified in workplace safety
- Certified in hazardous material shipping and receiving
- Certified hazardous materials manager