Dr. Jo Galle
Senior Associate Provost for Academic AffairsDownload vCard
Dr. Jo Galle is Associate Provost for Academic Affairs at Georgia Gwinnett College. Galle serves as the academic affairs representative on a number of university initiatives. Her work with Honors and ROTC provided the original impetus to now growing GGC programs. She also has provided leadership and support for new faculty orientation, March through the Arch, Convocation and obtaining membership in the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges.
Galle received her master of arts and her Ph.D. from Louisiana State University. Galle’s current scholarship focuses primarily on assessment and other issues in higher education. She has presented at SACSCOC; AAC&U; the ABET Assessment Symposium; POD; the Foundations of Excellence Annual Conference; and the NASPA Assessment and Persistence Conference. She also has conducted research on major writers of the modern South and presented on such authors as William Faulkner, Ellen Gilchrist and Shirley Ann Grau. For four years, she served as an officer on the Executive Board of the Louisiana Association of Composition.
After rising to the rank of Professor at the University of Louisiana-Monroe, Galle was tapped for leadership roles in university curricular development and in institutional effectiveness and assessment. There, she led implementation efforts of a new general education curriculum; and at Southern Polytechnic State University, she led accreditation efforts and SACSCOC review.
“Higher education opens the door to the middle class for so many Americans,” Galle observes. “And for those of us called to do this work, providing high quality engaged learning is the means by which this transition is achieved. This also is essential to the Georgia Gwinnett mission, and I am honored to be a part of the work.”
- Doctorate – English – Louisiana State University
- Master's – sociology – Louisiana State University
- Master's – English – University of Louisiana-Monroe
- Bachelor's – sociology – Louisiana Tech University
- Bachelor's – English – Louisiana Tech University
- Issues in higher education
- Institutional effectiveness and assessment
- SACSCOC reviewer and evaluator
- Who's Who Among America's Teachers 2007
- Alpha Lambda Delta Favorite Professor Award 2001
- Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers 1996
- Alpha Lambda Delta Favorite Professor Award 1996
- Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers 1994
- Outstanding Honors Faculty Award 1994
- Outstanding Honors Faculty Award 1993
- American Association of Colleges and Universities (AAC&U)
- Commission for Academic Accreditation