Dr. Marieke Schilpzand
Associate Professor of ManagementDownload vCard
Dr. Marieke Schilpzand is an associate professor of management in the School of Business at GGC. She is very passionate about teaching engaging courses in the management discipline, including Principles of Management, Organizational Behavior, Decision Making and Creative Problem Solving, and Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility in which she uses a variety of pedagogies. Her research focuses on three separate domains: team effectiveness, creativity and cross-cultural/international issues in management, but also at their intersection. Her work has been published in leading management journals such as the Journal of Management, Small Group Research, Management and Organization Review, and Research in Personnel and Human Resource Management. She has presented her work at national conferences including the Academy of Management (AOM), Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP), Southern Management Association (SMA) and Interdisciplinary Network for Group Research INGroup, and is an active reviewer for journals and conferences.
- Doctorate – organizational behavior – Georgia Institute of Technology
- Master's – international business studies – University of South Carolina
- Bachelor's – international business – University of Georgia
- Enhancing team effectiveness
- Team diversity and cognition
- Global virtual teams
- Cross-cultural and international issues in management
- Schoen, J.L., Bowling, J. L., & Schilpzand, M. C. (in press). ‘Conditional reasoning test for creative personality: Rationale, theoretical development, and validation’. Journal of Management, 0149206315618012.
- Schilpzand, M.C., Martins, L.L., Kirkman, B.L., Lowe, K.B., & Chen, Z.X. (2013) – ‘The Relationship between Organizational Justice and Organizational Citizenship Behaviour: The Moderating Effects of Cultural Value Orientations’. Management and Organizational Review, 9 (2), 345-374.
- Martins, L. L., Schilpzand, M.C., Kirkman, B.L., Ivanaj, S., & Ivanaj, V. (2013) – ‘A Contingency View of the Effects of Cognitive Diversity on Team Performance: The Moderating Roles of Team Psychological Safety and Relationship Conflict’. Small Group Research, 44, 95-125.
- Schilpzand, M.C., Herold, D.M., & Shalley, C.E. (2011) – ‘Members’ openness to experience and teams’ creative performance’. Small Group Research, 42, 55-76.
- Martins, L. L., & Schilpzand, M.C. (2011) – ‘Global virtual teams: Key developments, research gaps, and future directions’. In A. Joshi, H. Liao, & J. J. Martocchio (Eds.), Research in Personnel and Human Resource Management, Vol. 30, pp. 1-72. Emerald Group Publishing.
- Academy of Management (AOM)
- Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP)
- Southern Management Association (SMA)
- Interdisciplinary Network for Group Research (INGRoup)
- Sigma Beta Delta, GGC Business Honor Society
- Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS), International Business Honor Society
- Alpha Kappa Psi (AKPsi), Professional Business Fraternity