Dr. Rolando J. Marquez
Associate Director for the Center for Teaching Excellence and Assistant Professor of Instructional TechnologyDownload vCard
Dr. Rolando (Roy) Márquez came to Georgia Gwinnett College after serving as the curriculum development specialist and quality matters coordinator at Eastern New Mexico University. Márquez holds a Ph.D. in instructional technology from the University of Central Florida.
Márquez began his career at the University of Central Florida where he served as the technology specialist for the College of Education and the Center for Research in Education, Arts, Technology and Entertainment. Márquez also has worked in the public school system in New York and Florida, as well as in the corporate sector with several educational technology companies. He also served as the managing editor for the International Journal on Technology Enhanced Learning. His current interests include looking at the relationship between the choice of instructional technology and media, design of learning environments and student achievement.
He currently serves as the associate director for the Center for Teaching Excellence and the quality matters coordinator for Georgia Gwinnett College. Prior to his current appointment, he served as the assistant director and Educational Technology consultant.
- Doctorate – education (instructional technology) – University of Central Florida
- Master's – educational technology – Long Island University
- Bachelor's – education – Boricua College
- Association for Educational Communications and Technology, National Chapter
- Delta Epsilon Iota Academic Honor Society
- Hispanic Educational Technology Services
- International Council for Educational Media Conseil International des Medias Educatifs
- International Society for Technology in Education
- Professional and Organizational Development Network
- Southern Regional Faculty and Instructional Development Consortium