Dr. Sang Hyuck Park
Associate Professor of ChemistryDownload vCard
Dr. Sang Hyuck Park joined the GGC faculty in 2010. Park’s teaching experience includes Physical Science, Integrated Science, Survey of Chemistry, General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry I/II and Environmental Chemistry. Park’s research interests include drinking water treatment technology, analysis of drinking/waste water contaminants, production of biofuel, and carbon capture and sequestration technology for greenhouse gas emission reduction.
Before joining GGC, Park worked with Georgia Environmental Protection Division where he utilized generally accepted engineering practices, investigated, monitored and evaluated the compliance status of industrialized facilities with applicable state and federal environmental laws and regulations. Park is a member of the GGC Sustainability Committee which is charged with supporting and implementing the comprehensive strategic plan for the conservation and recycling of resources at GGC.
- Doctorate – environmental engineering – Georgia Institute of Technology
- Master – materials science and engineering – Seoul National University
- Bachelor – fiber and polymer science – Seoul National University
- Environmental chemistry
- Water quality
- Gas chromatography/mass spectrometry
- Drinking/waste water treatment technology
- Climate change mitigation