Mr. Tyler Henry
Coordinator of Disability ServicesDownload vCard
Mr. Tyler Henry returns to GGC as a graduate of the College. Prior to his current position as disability services coordinator in Disability Services, he worked as a special education teacher for Gwinnett County Public Schools at both Sweetwater Middle School and Lanier High School.
Henry brings seven years of working with students with disabilities to the Disability Services team. During his teaching career, he was a two-time finalist for Teacher of the Year at Lanier High School.
Henry began his career at GGC in 2008 as a student assistant in the Technology Helpdesk before working as an administrative coordinator for the vice president of Educational Technology. He also coordinated the technology and mathematics summer camps for middle and high school students from 2010-2015.
- Education Specialist (Ed.S.) – curriculum and instruction – Piedmont College
- Master's – educational technology – Kennesaw State University
- Bachelor's – special education – Georgia Gwinnett College
- Assistive technology
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Learning disabilities
- Grant writing
- GGC Outstanding Service Award, 2011
- GGC Class Commencement Speaker, 2012
- Professional Association of Georgia Educators (PAGE)
- Golden Key International Honour Society
- Kappa Delta Pi