Dr. Bill Rogers
Assistant Professor of Exercise Science and Physical EducationDownload vCard
Dr. William Rogers has more than two decades of experience in higher education having held positions as a faculty member, director of Athletics, director of Wellness, Recreation, Intramurals and Outdoor Adventures, and assistant and associate dean of students for Wellness.
Rogers continues to hold a faculty appointment and teaches in the School of Science and Technology. His scholarly activities include co-developing a certificate program for “wellness champions” for the International Association of Wellness and Health Promotion as well as having served on the editorial review board for the Center for Disease Control: Preventing Chronic Disease. He serves on the Georgia Board of Regents academic advisory committee for health and physical education and has chaired numerous committees on the spectrum of wellness and health promotion. He has been an invited presenter on the state, regional and national level on topics related to employee and student wellness.
As a scholar-athlete himself, Rogers earned the highest academic honor of Phi Beta Kappa and was the national coach of the year twice in the sport tennis. Rogers has been identified as a Georgia Board of Regents Executive Leadership Institute scholar, recognized as an expert by HealthLead’s US Healthiest Campus Accreditation Program, and recognized by the Georgia House of Representatives H.R. 809 for his contributions to intercollegiate athletics. Rogers has been inducted into both the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics Tennis Hall of Fame and Brenau University’s Hall of Fame.
- Doctorate – health promotion/wellness – Middle Tennessee State University
- Master's – allied health – University of North Florida
- Bachelor's – social science – Flagler College
- Wellness and health promotion in higher education
- Student development
- Worksite health promotion
- HealthLead Advisory Panel of Experts – US Healthiest Academic Community Accreditation Program
- Georgia Board of Regents Executive Leadership Institute
- Georgia House of Representative H.R. 809 Commendation
- National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics Hall of Fame Inductee
- Brenau University Hall of Fame Inductee
- National Wellness Institute
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American College Personnel Association
- International Association of Worksite Health Promotion