Institutional Research and Analytics
In support of GGC’S vision, mission and institutional goals, Institutional Research (IR) will be the knowledgeable and strategic resource for accurate and timely data, and quality analytics to support the college’s data-driven decision-making, planning and institutional effectiveness.
- Establishes and maintains quality and accessible databases as the main repository of institutional information;
- Delivers accurate, useful and timely information to fulfill reporting requirements and support data needs of institutional management, operations and accountability;
- Provides expert analysis and interpretation data based on knowledge of research, the organization’s business processes and the larger context of higher education;
- Optimizes resources and methodologies to develop analytics for informed decision-making.
- To develop, enhance and renew IR function and services;
- To promote IR function and services within the college community;
- To ensure that the mission, goals and strategic plans of Institutional Research are aligned with those of the college and its growth and development.
To support institutional planning, administrative decision- and policy-making, academic assessment, accountability and reporting requirements, IR can provide such services as reporting, ad hoc data analysis and interpretation, and analytic studies on students, learning, program effectiveness, faculty and other projects concerning institutional research.
Examples of IR Reporting
- IPEDS (federal reports)
- University System of Georgia reports
- The College Fact Book
- Enrollment reports
- Retention and graduation analysis