Report an emergency.
Aircraft Crash or Explosion
- Immediately take cover under tables, desks, and other objects which will give protection against flying or falling glass, debris and a possible fire ball or fire storm from ruptured fuel tanks.
- After the effects of the explosion and/or fire have subsided, dial 911 or the Office of Public Safety 678.407.5333. Give your name and describe the location and nature of the emergency.
- If necessary, or when directed to do so, activate the building fire alarm.
- When the building evacuation alarm is sounded or when told to leave by campus officials, walk quickly to the nearest marked exit and ask others to do the same.
- Assist people with disabilities exiting the building.
- Do not move seriously injured persons unless they are in immediate danger of being killed by a subsequent fire, building collapse or other event.
- Once outside move to your building assembly area that is at least 300 feet away from the affected building. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and crews.
- If requested, assist the emergency crews.
- Re-enter the building only when advised by emergency personnel.
[ return to list ]