When to Report an Incident
Safety and Security at Georgia Gwinnett College begins with you.
If You See Something, Say Something
- If someone is injured or ill.
- If you see or smell smoke or fire.
- If see you see any type of sexual assault taking place.
- If you see someone being hurt, harassed or bullied.
- If you see a crime in progress such as someone stealing, causing damage, driving while under the influence of any substance that impairs their ability to safely operate a vehicle, or any activity that is against the law.
- If you see something, or someone, suspicious.
- If you are reporting a medical problem, ask someone to monitor the affected person’s condition so you can relay the information to the officer(s).
Report a Crime
- The expectation is that all employees will report crimes and/or suspicious activities.
- Report the incident to your supervisor, file a report with an officer at Public Safety, or fill out the online Report a Crime form.
- DO NOT assume someone else has made or will make the call.
- Provide GGC Public Safety with detailed information about the situation.
- Police will investigate and categorize the reported incidents.
Report crimes to your supervisor or campus police immediately.
[ return to list ]