Sources for Current Information
For the latest information, please review information from the following sources:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- What you need to know about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) (PDF)
- CDC Travel Notices
- CDC Guidance and Strategies:
- Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- University System of Georgia
- Federal Bureau of Investigation: Sees rise in fraud schemes related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
Patients with COVID-19 have had mild to severe respiratory illness with the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
In more severe cases, particularly those in persons with underlying severe and chronic health issues, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash, and disinfect your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- WHO infographic
- "Why outbreaks like coronavirus spread exponentially, and how to 'flatten the curve'" —Washington Post