Join a club or volunteer to help out.
Clubs, organizations and events promote sustainable ways to live on or off campus. Learn how you can get involved to help sustainability efforts at GGC.
The Environmental Club seeks to enhance, educate and promote an understanding of environmental concerns, ideas and opportunities. The club wishes to "provide a creative, intriguing incorporation of in-class knowledge with real-world applications in such a way as to protect the environment." The club meets regularly, participates in many on and off-campus green events and hopes to pass forward knowledge to build better stewardship of our planet. Students who engage with the club can build social and leadership abilities through active participation.
- Hold a recycling activity/event annually on GGC campus to enhance students’ recycling habits.
- Monitor nearby stream quality around GGC campus, in collaboration with Georgia Adopt-A-Stream program (AAS), to increase GGC community’s awareness of water pollution.
- Invite speakers to GGC to discuss environmental issues.
- Initiate an environmental awareness campaign through eco-friendly methods.
- Advocate the use of recyclable items and inform students of numerous ways to conserve energy.
Community Engagement and Service Learning
Sustainability also supports becoming involved within your community. Through the Office of Student Involvement, this center is designed to foster, support and coordinate community engagement. Community Engagement and Service Learning offers service learning opportunities for GGC students within the local community.
GGC Grizzlies have volunteered for "Great Days of Service" in a variety of ways from helping out at the Spectrum Autism Race to volunteering in the GGC Microfarm.