Complete the 4 steps that follow to apply.
1. Check Dates and Deadlines
All application materials must be submitted by the dates below for each semester.
Fall Semester – May 3
Spring Semester – extended to Jan. 8
Summer Semester – April 1
Application and document deadlines may be extended by the vice president of Enrollment Management Services in consultation with others, if conditions warrant. The Admissions office will communicate date changes to prospective students via the GGC website and other communications. Deadlines falling on the weekend will be the next business day.
2. Create Grizzly Profile to Apply Online
Create your Grizzly Profile to apply online, manage your progress and submit the required $30 application fee (Dual Enrollment exempted from application fee). Completing your profile also connects you to your admissions counselor, and offers a personalized application experience, helpful tips and reminders, status updates, and invitations to exclusive events. View Admissions introduction video.Create Grizzly Profile to Apply Online
3. Review Admission Requirements
Manage submissions and approvals by monitoring email and your online Grizzly Profile account.
International Student Admission
Grade Point Average (GPA) Requirement
Colleges / Universities
- Meet the minimum cumulative 2.00 GPA from all previously attended colleges/universities.
- Must be eligible to re-enroll at the last institution attended.
Select one from the following two choices to determine your testing requirements:
- Applicants who have never attended college or have fewer than 30 transferable college credit hours (freshmen)
- Applicants who have 30 or more transferable college credit hours from another college or university but do not have acceptable credits in English and/or mathematics (transfer)
Fewer than 30 transferable college credit hours
- SAT on or after March 2016:
- Fall 2020: Evidence Based Reading and Writing 480 | Math 440
- SAT prior to March 2016:
- Critical Reading 430 | Math 400
- Fall 2020: English 17 or Reading 17 | Math 17
- SAT/ACT test scores older than seven years are not accepted.
- ACCUPLACER during or after February 2019: Quantitative Reasoning Algebra and Statistics 212 | Reading Comprehension 216 | Writeplacer 3
More than 30 transferable college credit hours
Students who have 30 or more transferable college credit hours from another college or university, but do not have acceptable credits in English and/or math must take the ACCUPLACER exam.Remote ACCUPLACER Testing
Proof of English Proficiency Requirement
Completion of a test of English language proficiency is required of all non-native English speaking applicants. Please refer to the English Proficiency Chart from the University System of Georgia for approved exams and other approved evaluations of English.
- Georgia Gwinnett College’s required minimum score for TOEFL IBT is 74 and IELTS is 6.
- Duolingo score of 95 or higher will be accepted from applicants applying for Spring 2021 and Fall 2021 semesters.
Applicants may be waived of the English proficiency requirement if their ACCUPLACER scores place them into college-level English with no required co-requisite.
- Required minimum scores for Next Gen ACCUPLACER: Reading Comprehension 237 | Writeplacer 4
Transfer students with completion of the equivalent of English 1101 or 1102 with a grade of “C” or better from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university may be waived of the English proficiency requirement.Remote ACCUPLACER Testing
Transcript Documentation Requirement
Submit official transcripts from high school* and/or all college(s) attended; only sealed, official academic records will be accepted. Please do not submit personal copies.
If you attended a high school*, college or university outside of the United States, your foreign credentials must be evaluated by an approved member of National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).** Some foreign high school courses and/or examinations may be evaluated as college credit and would require a course-by-course evaluation. Consult with your evaluation agency to determine the appropriate evaluation to be submitted to GGC.
*High school transcripts/evaluations are not required for students with 30 or more transferable college credits.
**If you were selected to participate in GGC's athletic program, please submit an InCred credential evaluation of your foreign credentials.
4. Admitted Students
Requirements for Accepted International Students
All accepted students must satisfy immunization verification requirements.
Proof of Financial Resources
F-1 international students must verify that either the student or his/her sponsor has the necessary funds to pay for tuition and living expenses while the student is enrolled at GGC. Please review the estimated cost of attendance for the academic year.
An original bank statement or bank letter on bank letterhead showing available liquid balance to cover the student’s expenses for one academic year is required. The bank letter should include the signature of the bank official and/or bank stamp, account number, the currency of the funds, bank official's contact information including telephone number, address and/or email address. Financial documents must be written in English or a certified English translation must be attached.
If a student has a sponsor, a signed Affidavit of Financial Support (PDF) is also required.
After receiving an admission decision, new students will be provided with instructions for submitting their proof of financial resources.
International Student Admission Policy