GGC works to maintain an environment that is safe and enjoyable for all commencement participants and guests.
Commencement Prohibited Items
- Weapons of any kind
- Explosives or fireworks
- Alcohol of any kind
- Bags, backpacks, briefcases, containers, coolers or purses larger than 14-inches by 14-inches by 6-inches
- Electronic devices larger than a cell phone (e.g. laptops, iPads or other tablets)
- Drones: The college prohibits any use of unmanned aerial systems (UAS) or drones on campus. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) prohibits the operation of any UAS within a five-mile radius of an airport. Given the college’s proximity to the Gwinnett County Airport (LZU), any use of UAS on campus is strictly prohibited.
- Air horns or other noise makers
- Signs on sticks or oversized signs (no larger than 8 1/2-inches by 11-inches)
- Smoking of any kind, including but not limited to tobacco, vapor or e-cigarettes
- Illegal drugs
- Laser pointers
- Mace or pepper spray
- Full facial coverings, like masks
- Animals (service animals are permitted)