Your participation in Commencement staffing opportunities comprises the heart and soul of each ceremony and positively contributes to the success of the event for our Grizzly family of GGC graduates and their guests.
Commencement Staffing Opportunities
- 2-Way radio check-in attendants
- Enrollment Management assistants
- Faculty robing assistants
- Floaters (flexible to jump in where needed)
- Greeters to welcome attendees
- Platform assistants
- Program distributors
- Script book and lanyard assembly (prior to event)
- Special assistants
- Staff check-in attendants
- Usher zone leaders
- VIP seating assistants
- Water/program setup and pickup
Staffing Expectations and Tips
Orientation, training and rehearsal attendance will prepare you with everything you'll need.
- Orientation and training (on campus), about an hour, 1-2 weeks prior to the ceremony
- Rehearsal attendance at the scheduled venue, 1-2 hours, the day before the ceremony
- Ceremony staffing, 5-8 hours, morning check-in 2 hours before ceremony begins
After signing up, Commencement staff coordinators will provide details about your assignments, email calendar invites and answer any remaining questions.
- Wear comfortable shoes for both the rehearsal and ceremony.
- Attire during the ceremony should be appropriate business apparel: white shirt (collared for men), black or dark colored pants, skirt or dress, and your GGC name tag (if you have one).
- Eat a good breakfast before arriving the morning of the ceremony.
- Coffee and water will be available at the ceremony.