Influence the World
Media impacts our lives on a daily basis. From cinema and television, to smartphones and Facebook, media entertains us, informs us, and shapes the modern world around us.
Make your mark in modern media and experience the power of changing the way people think and feel – about themselves and the world around them.
Programs of Study
Expect current digital media equipment, techniques and courses designed to prepare you for industry employment here in Lawrenceville and across Georgia. Gain meaningful learning experiences through interactive research projects, exposure to industry professionals and available internships.
- Design and production
- Entertainment industries studies
- Writing for stage and screen
- Nexus degrees
- Motion picture set lighting
- Production design
- Production for film and television
- Professional editing film and television
- Professional sound design for film and television
- Film minor
Cinema and media arts production (CMAP) majors also benefit from professional training, internships, apprenticeships and job placement opportunities from GGC's partnership with the Georgia Film Academy.
Access to four-year degrees for more people, where potential trumps privilege, and tenacity and commitment matter more than one’s academic past. Honors Program? We’ve got you covered there, too.
Attentive education that focuses on your success with faculty mentorships that linger even after graduation. Standards are high, but you’ve got this with access to tutoring and options to text professors for help.
GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture and affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education, and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, from all walks of life.
Apply now for your #ggcGameChanging opportunity.
Careers and Grad School Prep
- On set production assistant (PA)
- Script supervision
- Office PA
- Location scout
- Electric: on set operators
- Editorial assistant
- Advertising copywriter
- Digital copywriter
- Social media manager
- Community arts worker
- Marketing executive
- Master of fine arts (MFA) in visual arts, film, creative writing, theatre and drama
- Master of arts (MA) or doctorate (Ph.D.) in film, television, communications, media studies, screen studies, English
Beyond the Classroom
Challenge. Question. Collaborate. Contribute. Unique to GGC’s focus on student engagement, faculty invite students at all levels – including freshmen – to collaborate on research projects, conference presentations, even co-authoring articles published in academic journals. Get Involved!
- Cinema and media arts production internship
- Film Club
- Campus Movie Fest hosted by the Greenlight Activities Board
- Association of Information Technology Professionals
Related Programs of Study
- Learning Community
- African American studies minor
- Business administration: management, marketing
- Creative writing minor
- English: writing and rhetoric, interdisciplinary studies, English minor
- History: interdisciplinary / thematic history, history minor
- Information technology: digital media, software development, information technology minor
- Psychology: social / applied
- Latin American studies certificate