Foster Imaginations and Curiosities
GGC and Gwinnett County Public Schools have partnered to meet today’s critical need for educators. This unique partnership creates immersive learning opportunities that combine classroom- and field-based learning – experiences that prepare graduates to enter jobs immediately after graduation.
Programs of Study
Multiple options offer future educators field experiences every semester, a leadership seminar and an immersive senior year of student teaching.
- Teach preschool through fifth-grade students.
Middle Grades Education
- Teach grades four through eight.
- Language arts / social studies concentration
- Math / science concentration
- Teach preschool through twelfth-grade students with mild disabilities.
- Learn accessible instructional materials, assistive technology, classroom designs for success and family/community engagement.
Discipline Specific Teacher Certification Tracks
- Teach middle- and high-school-aged students.
- Six subject areas include coursework leading to teacher certification: biology, chemistry, English, history, mathematics or political science.
Access to four-year degrees for more people, where potential trumps privilege, and tenacity and commitment matter more than one’s academic past. Honors Program? We’ve got you covered there, too.
Attentive education that focuses on your success with faculty mentorships that linger even after graduation. Standards are high, but you’ve got this with access to tutoring and options to text professors for help.
GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture and affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education, and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, from all walks of life.
Apply now for your #ggcGameChanging opportunity.
Beyond the Classroom
Challenge. Question. Collaborate. Contribute. Get Involved!
- Golden Key International Honour Society
- Kappa Delta Pi International Honor Society in Education
- Student Government Association (SGA)