The Bachelor of Science in Health Science program will prepare the next generation of superior health professionals who deliver culturally competent and evidenced-based education and care to diverse communities and the individuals who comprise them.
The Bachelor of Science in Health Science program will be the premier health science program in matriculating and graduating racially- and culturally-conscious leaders in health professions.
Individuals in the Bachelor of Science in Health Science program will possess the following superior qualities:
- S – Support social justice and equity-based education and health care.
- U – Understand community-based participatory research and programming.
- P – Professionally deliver quality health care services.
- E – Employ in a wide range of gainful health science career paths.
- R – Recognize and address unconscious bias.
- I – Implement innovative health promotion methods and strategies.
- O – Operate with integrity and adhere to high moral and ethical standards.
- R – Respond to patients with empathy.