Student Demographics at a Glance
|Average age||23 years|
|Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander||0.5%|
Source: Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Office of Policy, Planning, and Analysis
Curriculum at a Glance
|Retention (First-time, Full-time Freshman)||Fall 2019 Cohort|
|SBA Cohort 1-year institution retention rate||57.0%|
|SBA Cohort 1-year degree program retention rate||52.8%|
|GGC Cohort 1-year retention rate||62.9%|
|Graduation (First-time, Full-time Freshman)||Fall 2014 Cohort|
|SBA 6-year institution-specific graduation rate||20.4%|
|GGC 6-year institution-specific graduation rate||17.8%|
|SBA 6-year system-wide graduation rate||N/A|
|GGC 6-year system-wide graduation rate||N/A|
- Percent of fall 2020 credit hours taught by full-time faculty is 88%
- SBA average class size for Fall 2020 is 32.
- SBA program pass rates in all courses averages 82%.
SBA Faculty at a Glance
| ||Percent Full-time Faculty|
|Possess doctorate or other qualifying terminal degree||93%|
|In the past 5 years, published 2 or more articles in peer reviewed journals||83%|
|In the past 5 years, presented 1 or more refereed papers at an academic or professional conference||89%|
In addition to advising and mentoring, in Fall 2020, 100% of faculty have recorded defined student engagement activities. In 2020, the faculty have participated in 299 engagement activities (e.g., Grizzly Orientation, Commencement, Convocation, field trips, and other activities directly engaging with students).
Employment of SBA Alumni at a Glance
|Unemployed by choice||2.2%|
|Alumni reporting annual income of $35,000 +||86.9%|
|Alumni reporting annual income of $50,000 +||53.0%|
- 93% of SBA faculty contributed to the most recent We are GGC annual campaign.
- Most ethnically diverse Southern regional college, public or private, according to U.S. News & World Report magazine (2015-21)
- No. 4 most innovative Southern regional college, according to U.S. News & World Report magazine (2021)
- No. 20 top public Southern regional college, according to U.S. News & World Report magazine (2021)
- Based on the 2019 National Survey for Student Engagement (NSSE), students rated the School of Business higher in the following areas in ALL peer categories:
- their faculty,
- their entire GGC educational experience, and
- that they would return to GGC for their entire educational experience, if they started college over.
For more information about GGC and the School of Business, visit GGC by the Numbers.