Student Demographics at a Glance
|Average age||24 years|
|Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander||0.2%|
Source: Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Office of Policy, Planning, and Analysis
Curriculum at a Glance
|Retention (First-time, Full-time Freshman)||Fall 2017 Cohort|
|SBA Cohort 1-year institution retention rate||66.4%|
|SBA Cohort 1-year degree program retention rate||60.7%|
|GGC Cohort 1-year retention rate||65.4%|
|Graduation (First-time, Full-time Freshman)||Fall 2012 Cohort|
|SBA 6-year institution-specific graduation rate||17.2%|
|GGC 6-year institution-specific graduation rate||16.7%|
|SBA 6-year system-wide graduation rate||33.8%|
|GGC 6-year system-wide graduation rate||30.3%|
- Percent of fall 2018 credit hours taught by full-time faculty is 84%
- SBA average class size for Fall 2018 is 33.
- SBA program pass rates in all courses averages 85%.
SBA Faculty at a Glance
| ||Percent Full-time Faculty|
|Possess doctorate or other qualifying terminal degree||93%|
|In the past 5 years, published 2 or more articles in peer reviewed journals||83%|
|In the past 5 years, presented 1 or more refereed papers at an academic or professional conference||89%|
In addition to advising and mentoring, in Fall 2018, 74% of faculty have recorded defined student engagement activities. In 2018, the faculty have participated in 279 engagement activities (e.g., Grizzly Orientation, Commencement, Convocation, field trips, and other activities directly engaging with students).
Employment of SBA Alumni at a Glance
|Unemployed by choice||2%|
|Alumni reporting annual income of $35,000 +||86%|
|Alumni reporting annual income of $50,000 +||53%|
- 100% of SBA faculty contributed to the most recent We are GGC annual campaign.
- No. 10 top public school in the Southern region, according to U.S. News & World Report magazine (2019)
- Most ethnically diverse Southern regional college, public or private, according to U.S. News & World Report magazine (2015-20)
- Based on the most recent National Survey for Student Engagement (NSSE), SBA faculty are rated for quality higher than their peers in the Southeast Public and Carnegie Classifications.
- Also based on the most recent version of the NSSE, students would choose to attend GGC at the same rate as their peers in the Southeast Public and Carnegie Classifications.
For more information about GGC and the School of Business, visit GGC by the Numbers.