Students who earn a cybersecurity certificate not only advance their information security skills, but also develop essential expertise in the concepts, technical aspects and information security principles necessary to increase job prospects and add to their professional portfolio.
The cybersecurity certificate coursework is designed for both GGC information technology students (other than system and security majors) and those in other programs of study who currently have some information technology knowledge and want to move into the cybersecurity field. The coursework also helps prepare students for industry certification opportunities such as the Microsoft Technology Associate, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ and the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner.
- ITEC 1001 – Intro to Computing, four credit hours, prerequisite: MATH 1111, ENGL 1101
- ITEC 2140 – Programming Fundamentals, four credit hours, prerequisite: ITEC 1001; MATH 1111
- ITEC 2150 – Intermediate Programming, four credit hours
- ITEC 2201 – Introduction to Info Systems, three credit hours, prerequisite: ITEC 1001, ENGL 0099
- ITEC 3100 – Networking, three credit hours, prerequisite: ITEC 1001; ITEC 2140
- ITEC 3300 – Information Security, three credit hours, prerequisite: ITEC 2201 or BUSA 3100 and ITEC 2120 or ITEC 2140 additional requirement
- ITEC 4310 – Operating System Security, three credit hours, prerequisite: ITEC 3300
- ITEC 4320 – Internet Security, three credit hours, prerequisite: ITEC 2150, ITEC 3100 and ITEC 3300
- ITEC 4000 – Cloud Computing (Elective), four credit hours, prerequisites: ITEC 3100, ITEC 3200