STEM Academy's Information Technology Scholars Program is specially designed to introduce and engage middle school students for a week-long learning excursion in technology.
Georgia Gwinnett College has high expectations for all students. These expectations are designed to promote the well-being of each student and to ensure that each child is able to reach his/her fullest potential. STEM Academy participants must abide by the following or be subject to dismissal from the program:
- Carrying weapons is strictly prohibited on the GGC campus, including guns, knives, switchblades, pocketknives and any other instrument that could be used as a weapon.
- Only authorized persons are allowed to sign off and pick up a STEM Academy participant. Students must be picked up by the stated pickup time. Failing to do so will result in dismissal from the program.
- Scholars should respect GGC property and the feelings of fellow scholars, faculty mentors and student mentors, as well as others not directly associated with the program.
- Always act in a manner that will promote a classmate's opportunity to learn.
- Have a positive attitude about learning and involvement at the program.
- Politely communicate any concerns directly to faculty mentors or student mentors.
Most importantly, have fun!