STEM Academy's Science Scholars Program is specially designed to introduce and engage middle school students for a week-long learning excursion in science.
Individual Program Sessions
Each session runs Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Mathematics in Action (MiA) Scholars Program: June 1-5, 2020
- Information Technology Scholars Program: June 8-12, 2020
- Science Scholars Program: June 15-19, 2020
- Morning activities from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Lunch break from 12 – 1 p.m. (lunch provided by STEM Academy)
- Afternoon activities from 1 – 4 p.m.
Note: The STEM Academy handbook provides more detailed information for students and parents (available in April).
Pickup, Drop-off, Parking
All parents are asked to park and bring students to the STEM Academy on-campus location between 8:30 a.m. and 8:55 a.m. and sign-in with a summer program staff member. All required forms must be completed and signed. (Accepted applicants will receive location information in a subsequent email.) During this morning drop-off, you may park in spaces marked for visitors, faculty and staff.
Students may be dropped off beginning at 8:30 a.m. where a STEM Academy student assistant will check them in. For safety reasons, do not drop your child off early. No arrangements can be made to provide supervision until 8:30 a.m. The circle in front of Building H is the only designated drop-off and pick-up zone. Parking in reserved spots are subject to ticketing even if you are sitting in your car.
Parents may pick up students beginning at 4 p.m. All students must be picked up by 4:30 p.m. Students not picked up by 4:30 p.m. will not be allowed to return to the program. Parents (or other authorized adults) must sign students out on a daily basis. Only people authorized to pick up students are allowed to do so. Anyone not listed on the parent authorization form attempting to pick up a student is reported to the Georgia Gwinnett College Campus Police.
STEM Academy hosts a special open house for parents and other guests beginning at 2 p.m. Students share their project work, and guests get a glimpse into a day of the summer program and some of the activities. During this session, you may park in spaces marked for visitors, faculty and staff.
Georgia Gwinnett College has high expectations for all students. These expectations are designed to promote the well-being of each student and to ensure that each child is able to reach his/her fullest potential. STEM Academy participants must abide by the following or be subject to dismissal from the program:
- Carrying weapons is strictly prohibited on the GGC campus, including guns, knives, switchblades, pocketknives and any other instrument that could be used as a weapon.
- Only authorized persons are allowed to sign off and pick up a STEM Academy participant. Students must be picked up by the stated pickup time. Failing to do so will result in dismissal from the program.
- Scholars should respect GGC property and the feelings of fellow scholars, faculty mentors and student mentors, as well as others not directly associated with the program.
- Always act in a manner that will promote a classmate's opportunity to learn.
- Have a positive attitude about learning and involvement at the program.
- Politely communicate any concerns directly to faculty mentors or student mentors.
Most importantly, have fun!Summer Program Registration