Thank you for your interest in becoming a GGC student ambassador. Student ambassadors serve as the first point of contact to thousands of individuals each year. The goal of the Student Ambassador Program is to empower you with the skills to excite and educate prospective students, families, school groups and the general public about programs, resources and student life at GGC.
The program also serves as a platform for our ambassadors to:
- Enhance their public speaking, leadership and teambuilding skills
- Build their resumes and receive letters of recommendation from the director of Admissions
- Network with leaders on campus and in the community
- Accumulate volunteer hours
Student ambassadors take great pride in being a Grizzly and showcasing all that GGC has to offer.
- Be in good academic standing
- Minimum 2.5 GPA at the time of application, as well as throughout the duration of their ambassadorship
- Must have excellent communication skills, strong knowledge of GGC and unprecedented enthusiasm for our Grizzly community
- Must have at least two semesters remaining, prior to graduation (excluding summer)
- Completed at least two semesters at GGC, prior to the fall semester
- Flexible schedule, as ambassadors are assigned weekly tours
- At least one year commitment to the Student Ambassador Program
- Conduct weekly campus tours
- Share your GGC knowledge and enthusiasm with prospective students and parents
- Provide assistance during Admissions campus events
- Attend all ambassador training sessions and monthly meetings
- Online application form (paper applications may also be found at the One Stop Shop located in Admissions)
- Letter(s) of recommendation from faculty/staff/current ambassador
- Students must meet all qualifications to be selected for an interview.
- Those advancing from the interviews will be required to give a 10-minute mock tour.
- A final decision will be based on the student’s performance in the interviews as well as the mock tour.
- Those selected to become GGC student ambassadors will be required to attend mandatory training sessions.
- You will also shadow a current student ambassador/s, prior to leading your own campus tours.