Accounting Services is responsible for training and guidance and all financial reports, including the Annual Financial Report (AFR) in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and federal and state system office guidelines.
- Monthly employee training for the GeorgiaFIRST financial system
- Month-end and year-end budget close
- Compiling and reviewing all financial reporting
Forms, Policies and Resources
- The Allowable Cost Matrix (PDF, login required) is a tool created to assist employees in making decisions related to college expenses. Employees should review the “Type of Expense” on the matrix and match it up with the appropriate Fund Group to determine if the cost is allowable. For certain expenses, there are policy restrictions, state restrictions, Board of Regents (BOR), grant restrictions or other internal restrictions on the use of funds.
- Board of Regents Finance and Business Policy
- GeorgiaFIRST Financial System
- GeorgiaFIRST User Guide (PDF, login required)
- State Accounting Office Travel Policy
- University System of Georgia Business Procedures Manual