The Digital Communications Guide is an instructional tool designed to provide guidance to the Digital Communications team, content and social media managers, their supervisors and the college community.
A comprehensive set of guidelines to ensure consistency of design across all GGC digital properties.
Guidelines and a checklist to ensure appropriate and consistent copy and imagery for all GGC digital properties.
Processes and procedures for using GGC’s content management system.
Social Media Management
Official GGC social media tools, requirements and content guidelines.
The Digital Communication Team
The Digital Communications team consists of strategists, developers, authors, and student workers who provide vision and central oversight of the college’s web and social media presence, as well as provide training and guidance to content and social media managers.
The primary functions of the Digital Communications team are to:
- Continuously improve GGC’s overall web presence, including evaluating and implementing the latest technologies and preserving site architecture, while properly maintaining the college’s image
- Maintain the website to effectively convey information about the college
- Build sites, pages, forms and databases for information storage and retrieval
- Ensure content is accessible (Section 508 compliant) before publication
- Train and assist content managers on web policies, procedures and best practices
- Coordinate content from content managers, as well as create and edit new content
- Manage the college’s social media presence, including social media development, promotion, and creation of official college social media channels, as well as monitoring social media content and responding to and updating content for primary GGC accounts