The Office of Advancement supports the strategic priorities of Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) through communication, advocacy, and philanthropy by engaging with GGC’s key constituents. Advancement increases awareness, fosters relationships, builds partnerships, and secures and stewards private financial resources to serve GGC and the region.
We accomplish this by:
- Raising the visibility of Georgia Gwinnett College through enhanced integrated communications.
- Leading the creation of a culture of philanthropy with and among students, alumni, faculty, staff and friends of Georgia Gwinnett College.
- Cultivating and strengthening Georgia Gwinnett College's relationships and ownership among educational partners and business, community, and philanthropic leaders.
- Raising, managing, and stewarding private funds in support of Georgia Gwinnett College's mission and priorities.
Services and Areas
- Gift Management – Accepts private donations to GGC, establishes and manages funds and endowments, reports to donors and organizations and ensures the long-term use of charitable gifts
- Information Management – Manages and enhances comprehensive and current data on constituents and donor information
- Prospect Development – Identifies and analyzes donors and prospective donors and tracks them through the cultivation process
- Stewardship – Manages donor acknowledgment and recognition programs and reports to donors on the financial status and use of funds
- Digital Communications – Provides vision and central oversight of the College’s web and social media presence, as well as provide training and guidance to content and social media managers.
- Public Relations – Serves as the college-wide center for communications, marketing, creative services, publications and media relations.
Development and Alumni Engagement
- Annual Giving – Runs annual campaigns to raise unrestricted support for the College
- Corporate and Foundation Relations – Links corporate and foundation philanthropy to opportunities at GGC
- Gift Planning – Provides expertise in making bequests, life income gifts and other gift plans that offer significant tax and financial benefits
- Principal Gifts – Raises leadership gifts from individuals, generally by recruiting and training volunteers, which have significant impact on the institution
- Raising, managing, and stewarding private funds in support of Georgia Gwinnett College’s mission and priorities.
Lori Buckheister, Vice President for Advancement and President, GGC Foundation
Barbara (Lund) Martell, Executive Director of Advancement Services
Laura Brown, Assistant Director of Donor and Board Relations
Danise Lindo, Assistant Director of Events Management
Holly Lisle, Director of Alumni Engagement
Sarah Hakes Thomason, Alumni Engagement Coordinator
Nate Jones, Director of Annual Giving
Mari Jameison, Assistant Director of Annual Giving
Sloan Jones, Associate Vice President for Communications
Daniel Cassavaugh, Director of Digital Communications
Corporate and Foundation Relations
Jennifer Hendrickson, Executive Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
Christine Parke Rosen, CFRE, Executive Director of Individual Engagement