GGC sponsors hands-on workshops for middle school girls and boys to learn more about technology and science.
In the curriculum, girls and boys interact with new technologies and develop interactive games, and no prior knowledge is required. They conduct laboratory experiments under the direction of GGC science faculty.
Super Saturday Series' (S3) supportive community – comprised of GGC students and volunteers – promotes active, engaged learning. S3 also provides girls and boys with an exciting opportunity to interact with positive, professional role models.
Fall 2021 S3 Workshops
The S3 fall 2021 program offers free online biology, chemistry, math and technology workshops. Register for one, two, three or all four of these workshops.
- Technology: Tuesday, Oct. 12, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Chemistry: Tuesday, Oct. 19, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Biology: Tuesday, Oct. 26, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Math: Tuesday, Nov. 2, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Technology: Thursday, Oct. 14, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Chemistry: Thursday, Oct. 21, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Biology: Thursday, Oct. 28, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Math: Thursday, Nov. 4, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Once registered, students and parents will be emailed detailed information.Register for S3 Workshop(s)
For more information, please contact Dr. Cindy Robertson and Dr. Lorraine Jonassen at email@example.com.
Since S3’s beginning in October 2011, the program has served over 100 girls each year – many of whom were returning participants. It is our hope at S3 to encourage, inspire, and teach every one of our attendees to continue their interests in science and technology both in and out of the classroom.