Affordable Materials Grants
Since 2015, the University System of Georgia has been offering an exciting grant competition that focuses on reducing the costs of textbooks and the enhancement of GALILEO, Georgia’s Virtual Library. Affordable Learning Georgia (ALG) grants are designed to transform class textbooks to free or no-cost learning materials for students.
Visit Affordable Materials Grants – About / Affordable Learning Georgia on a regular basis to see their grant offerings.
The grant offers three levels of awards:
- Transformation ($30,000; $5,000 maximum pay per team member);
- Continuous Improvement ($10,000; $2,000 maximum pay per team member).
The following timeline outlines the required review periods before submission. Please remember that ORSP is here to assist you in your proposal and budget development. For more information, please email Cathy Hakes.
Forms to Use
Download digital copies of the required ORSP forms (latest version). If you have difficulty downloading, email Helen McDaniel.
- Notice of Intent Form ORSP-102D (PDF) starts the process for applying for a non-federal grant that does not require a cost share or matching funds.
- Routing Form ORSP-103 (PDF) accompanies your final draft proposal to initiate administrative review and approval.
Please note that ORSP is responsible for submitting all grants, including the mini-grant. If you have any questions, please email Helen McDaniel.
Federal Funding and Grant Opportunities
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education (FIPSE) – U.S. Department of Education
- Open Grant Solicitations – U.S. Department of State
- National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) – U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
Funding Opportunity Database and Recommendation Service
The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) has subscribed to GrantForward, a funding opportunity database and recommendation service, which is open to all members of our institution. We invite you to sign up and use the service to remain aware of funding opportunities.
GrantForward helps you find grant opportunities that suit your research needs with a database of grants that's updated daily. You can search for grants by keywords and advanced filters, save your favorite searches for new grant alerts, and save your favorite grants to keep track of them. GrantForward also recommends grants to you based on your CV, past publications, and research interests.
Sign up for a user account using your GGC Claw Mail for full use of the search features including saved-search and personalized grant recommendations. We also encourage you to take a few minutes to create your “Researcher Profile” to start receiving grant recommendations.
Contact Helen McDaniel to request a Research Welcome Guide or for further assistance: 678.407.5450 or email@example.com.