Established in January 2015, the English Language Institute (ELI) provides academic English as a second language (ESL) instruction and cultural learning opportunities on the beautiful campus of Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC).
The ELI offers both regular instruction and special short-term programs for English language learners at a range of proficiency levels. At the ELI, the quality of each participant's learning experience is our primary concern. Many of our graduates have advanced to continue their undergraduate studies at GGC or other institutions in the U.S. Others have gone on to pursue graduate programs.
What is special about the GGC ELI program?
GGC offers ELI students a safe location to study academic English, a friendly campus to encourage interaction with American students, and beautiful natural scenery to enjoy the outdoors.
- Study in small classes. ELI classes normally have fewer than 15 participants to allow for individual attention while studying intensive academic English.
- Have opportunities to observe undergraduate classes to gain first-hand experience of a U.S. college classroom.
- Take field trips to some important historic sites in the Atlanta area to enrich knowledge of American culture.
- Meet American language partners to practice English and make friends.
- Benefit from learning English in our culturally diverse campus community.
- Practice your skills by participating in the Conversation Partner Program.
- Learn more about how English language learners can successfully prepare for college through the College Entrance Preparation Course.