The Office of Institutional Effectiveness generates and shares research on institutional effectiveness, accreditation, accountability, assessment, student learning outcomes, program review and information management. Links to presentations our staff has made on these topics before local, regional and national conferences are provided here, as an aid to our colleagues and to the community.
Presentations by our colleagues at other institutions
The following presentations and resources were provided by our research colleagues at other institutions. We continually scan the available research and will provide links to relevant sources on an ongoing basis.
- Designing Assessments for Student Success
- Lancaster, J. S., "Rubric-based Mapping for Institutional Curriculum Development Projects" Presentation at the 2014 Annual Meeting of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, Nashville, TN
- Lancaster, J. S., "Designing and Assessing an Integrated Educational Experience: Alignment of Student Learning Outcomes across Curricular and Co-curricular Units at Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC)" Presentation at the 2012 Association for Institutional Research Annual Forum, New Orleans, LA.
- Timpte, C. & Lancaster, J.S. "Student Learning Outcomes: Institution to Course" (PPTX) Presentation at the 1st Annual Connections Conference, Blacksburg, VA.
- Timpte, C. & Lancaster, J.S. "Student Learning Outcomes: Institution to Course" (PPTX) Presentation at the 2011 Annual Conference of the Southern Association for Institutional Research, Atlanta, GA.
- Vorreyer, A. and Lancaster, J. S. "Confounding the Data: The Impact of Non-traditional Students on Student Needs" Presentation at the 2011 Foundations of Excellence Winter Meeting, Atlanta, GA.
- Lancaster, J. S. & Furick, M. "Effect on Faculty Ratings of Paper-based versus Web-based Student Course Evaluations" Presentation at 16th Georgia Conference on College & University Teaching, Kennesaw, GA.
- Lancaster, J.S., Cox, E., Nagel, K. & Hakes, C. "Soup to Nuts: A 'Course-by-Course' Examination of One School’s Journey through the Application and Candidacy Process" Presentation at the 2009 Annual Meeting of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Atlanta, GA.
- Lancaster, J. S. & Fatzinger, J. "Assessing Student Learning in Student Workers" Presentation at the 2012 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis, IN.
- Preczewski, S., Lancaster, J.S. & Hwang, L. "Grand Opening of the Business: The Perpetual Practice Anew" Presentation at the 2009 Association for Institutional Research Annual Forum, Atlanta, GA.
- Hakes, C. & Lancaster, J. S "Electronic Submission 101 for New Applicants" Presentation at the 2008 Annual Meeting of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Lancaster, J. S. & Hwang, L. "Designing Assessment and Institutional Research for a New Institution" Presentation at the Annual Conference of the Southern Association for Institutional Research, Nashville, TN.
- Lancaster, J.S., Mundie, T., Kurkovsky, A. "Outcomes-driven Program Assessment as a Component of Sustainable Development at an Innovative College" Paper presented at the 10th Annual ABET Best Assessment Practices Symposium, Atlanta, GA.