Stop by the Student Center plaza to learn about the various ways GGC controls its environmental footprint and how you can be a better steward of our natural resources. Pick up a score sheet, collect stamps, and win prizes, including a very cool reusable GGC water bottle (for the first 50 qualifying scores).
Exhibitions will include:
- Tours of GGC’s Microfarm and orchard
- Arbor Day activities
- Electric vehicle display along with information about how you can charge your EV at GGC, and take the Next Car Pledge to go electric
- A geocaching competition for adventure and prizes
- Free peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (Why? Visit our table to find out!)
- Voices for Animals, a student club that will display information about the environmental benefits of a plant-based vegan diet
- Posters and demos of some of GGC’s sustainability accomplishments
- Samples of delicious snacks
The environmental science degree program will have a table staffed by faculty to talk to students about career possibilities and why they should consider a major in environmental science.
GGC’s Earth Day Celebration is sponsored by the GGC Sustainability Committee, Voices for Animals, the GGC Microfarm, and the environmental science department.