GGC has taken steps to create a green and sustainable campus environment. We encourage our students to do the same. Here are several ideas to reduce energy output and consumption:
- Adjust your blinds to control lighting and heat gain.
- Turn off your lights when you leave the room.
- Set your thermostat low in the winter and high in the summer.
- Open your windows and turn off the HVAC on pleasant days.
- Utilize ceiling fans for cooling before turning up the A/C.
- Unplug unused electronics, appliances and chargers, or plug into a smart power strip.
- Reduce, Re-Use, Recycle. Participate in the campus and your local jurisdiction’s recycling programs. Local retail or non-profits often have recycling drives for household electronics and batteries.