Student Housing and Residential Education (SHaRE) is designed to develop, provide and assess programs and services that provide students with opportunities for holistic development in a living and learning environment.
It is the responsibility of the student resident to read and understand the materials and directions in their housing agreement, the Community Guide: Housing Policies and Procedures (PDF), GGC Student Handbook and Student Code of Conduct as well as official emails, posters, policy changes or written/verbal correspondence issued by SHaRE or its agents.
Download the entire GGC Housing Policies and Procedures Guide (PDF).
Georgia Gwinnett College’s Residence Policy
Georgia Gwinnett College has established a residence policy for freshmen and transfer students who transfer in less than 30 semester hours. This policy requires such students to live in campus housing. In addition, this policy is designed to enrich your education, assist in fostering relationships on campus with other students, faculty and staff, and enhance your academic success.
The campus residence requirement does not apply to you if you:
- Live with and commute daily from the legal residence of your parent(s), grandparent(s), or legal guardian, within Gwinnett County or one of the neighboring counties: DeKalb, Walton, Hall, Fulton, Forsyth, Barrow, Rockdale, Newton, Cobb, Henry, Clayton, and Jackson (see map PDF); or
- Have active military status.
You may be exempt from the campus residence requirement if:
- You reach the age of 21 prior to the first day of classes of your first term of enrollment,
- You are married, divorced, have legal dependents or are the sole caregiver,
- You can show independent financial status, or
- You have demonstrated unique hardship.
Any request for an exemption must be made to the Student Appeals Committee via the online appeals form at least one month prior to the start of the semester in which you intend to enroll. Each request must be fully documented, reviewed and is subject to approval at the sole discretion of the College.Have Questions?