CDAC offers the following online tools to help students succeed in their personal and career development. We’re happy to collaborate ways to include these tools into your coursework.
Mastering Career Readiness Course (faculty use)
CDAC’s Mastering Career Readiness Course is optional (non-credit), self-paced modules designed to equip GGC students with employability skills as defined by the National Association of Colleges and Employers.
Assign one or more of the modules as coursework in your class. CDAC assesses student participation, provides feedback to students and notifies you of completions. Email CareerServices@ggc.edu with the following information:
- Your name
- Your course name
- Assignment instructions given to your students – which modules to complete and your requirements for completing
- Due date
- Class roster
Learn more about the Mastering Career Readiness Course as described to students. Faculty have the same access and view of the Mastering Career Readiness Course in MyCourses, Brightspace by D2L (login required).Mastering Career Readiness modules quick facts sheet for faculty and staff (PDF)
ClawLink, powered by Handshake is the primary online career management system developed specifically for GGC students and alumni. It includes the following options:
- View and apply for internship and job listings.
- Interview with employers through the On-Campus Interviewing (OCI) Program.
- Schedule career coaching and career counseling appointments.
- Register for upcoming workshops and events.
- Develop resumes and cover letters, using industry approved templates and examples.
Request access to GGC's jobs database, ClawLink, Powered by Handshake.
Personal and Career Assessments
FOCUS 2 CAREER self assessment is an online career and education decision-making system designed to help students choose a major and make informed career decisions.
Career and Industry Information
What Can I Do with This Major? provides access to various careers to explore for specific majors. It also provides industry-specific resources for students to conduct thorough research on specific careers.
Candid Career offers thousands of video interviews from professionals who describe what they do in a wide variety of careers.
Job Search Preparation
Big Interview is an online space for students to rehearse interview questions and develop strong interview skills.
Glassdoor for Students allows students to research jobs, companies, salaries, interview information and more.
Additional Faculty Resources
- Writing a reference letter
- How to write a reference letter
- Faculty guide to ethical and legal standards in student hiring
Learn more about and consider a clothing donation to the Lending Closet.