Assess your work interests, personality, skills, values and leisure interests through Focus 2 Career to help determine educational and career choices.
Getting Started with Focus 2 Career
(For currently enrolled students and alumni only)
When should you use Focus 2 Career?
Use Focus 2 Career throughout your college years and as an alumnus. This career assessment tool can be used in different ways throughout all stages of your education and career planning according to your personal needs.
First- or Second-year Student
- Understand the career planning process.
- Learn about yourself through the self awareness assessments.
- Explore majors at your college that match your interests and support your career goals.
- Explore career fields and occupations that appeal to you.
- Develop an action plan.
- Make informed decisions about your major and career.
Upper Classmen and Alumnus
- Conduct ongoing career exploration and awareness.
- Gain experience.
- Make career plans.
- Plan for advanced education and training.
- Explore future options for transitioning into specialized occupations.
How much time does it take to use Focus 2 Career?
Typically, the total time spent by students the first time they use Focus 2 Career ranges from one to two hours. Of course, you can spend as much time as you wish.
The Career Readiness and Self Assessment modules of Focus 2 Career can usually be completed in approximately 45 minutes. You can log in at any time to spend additional time researching over 1,000 occupations.
A good strategy after using Focus 2 Career is to think about your results and make an appointment with the Career Development and Advising Center to discuss your ideas with a career counselor/advisor. Be sure to continue to use Focus 2 Career as on an ongoing resource.
Access Focus 2 Career
- Create your account by registering for Focus 2.
- Please contact the Career Development and Advising Center with your student ID to receive the access code. You must be currently enrolled at GGC.
- Access your Focus 2 account any time by entering your username and password on the login page (case sensitive).
- If you forget your username and password, go to the login page to have it emailed to you.
Things to Keep in Mind
- Use Focus 2 online on any phone, tablet, PC or Mac computer ... anywhere, any time.
- Focus 2 always saves your results.
- Use Focus 2 as often as you wish.
- You can change your mind about earlier choices, repeat a section and explore new options.
- Your results are stored online and are always available to you and your career counselor/advisor.
- Use the Focus 2 features in any order.
- Remember to save the majors and occupations that appeal to you as you review them.
Prospective students, use Focus 2 Apply when you need help deciding what to study.