Academic Enhancement Center
Many students find that they become more confident in their studies after visiting the Academic Enhancement Center (AEC). Available services include tutoring in many disciplines, and academic and skill-building workshops to aid your success.
Trained professional tutors, peer tutors and faculty volunteers provide 45-minute one-on-one individual sessions and group sessions in the AEC.
The Peer Supplemental Instruction (PSI) program supports academic success in STEM-related courses.
Tutors complement classroom learning and provide additional support at the request of professors.
Tutor.com Online Tutoring Service
Anywhere, anytime, online tutoring is available through Tutor.com. Log in to MyCourses (Brightspace by D2L), and click "Free Online Tutoring" from the menu at the top of the page, then click on "eTutoring." Complete the "system check" page by clicking "click here to continue." You will then be taken to Tutor.com.
Tutoring Prep and Expectations
Trained professional tutors, peer tutors and faculty volunteers work with you to improve understanding of mathematics, science, technology and business course concepts. And writing tutors are available at any stage of the writing process, providing strategies for brainstorming, pre-writing, organization, drafting and revising.
- Bring assignment instructions and rubrics.
- Provide your textbook, as well as any notes and handouts, whenever possible.
- Come prepared to answer and ask questions.
- Tutoring is available for currently enrolled GGC students only.
- Tutors cannot assist students with take-home exams nor take-home essay exams.
- Students requesting tutoring for ITEC-1001 must attempt the assignment at least once before receiving tutoring.
Whether it’s coping with stress, time management, learning to write scientific papers or notetaking, there’s a student success workshop designed for your needs.
- Computers loaded with assessment tools
- Helpful handouts, course-related software and citation manuals
- Reference books and textbooks
- Citation manuals used in academic research, such as the APA (American Psychological Association), Chicago or MLA (Modern Language Association) styles
Call or email to …
- Request an in-class AEC meet-and-greet where students learn the benefits of visiting the AEC.
- Request an in-class writing workshop facilitated by a professional tutor.
- Request a tutor in the classroom (TIC) to complement classroom learning and provide additional support.
- Volunteer some hours assisting students as a faculty tutor.