Dr. Hank G. Harmon
Assistant Professor of MathematicsDownload vCard
Dr. Hank G. Harmon came to mathematics late. He first earned degrees in psychology and philosophy, then worked for several years, and then finally returned to seek his degree in math.
As a result of his training in philosophy, Harmon has a keen interest in mathematical logic and philosophy of mathematics. This exists comfortably alongside his specialty in the character theory of finite groups.
Harmon is an avid drummer, guitar player, and student of music theory.
- Doctorate – mathematics – Auburn University
- Bachelor's – psychology – University of Alabama
- Bachelor's – philosophy – University of Alabama
- Mathematical logic and philosophy of mathematics
- Character theory of finite groups
- American Mathematical Society
- Mathematical Association of America