Yes! The answer is "yes," GGC has a broad range of financial aid opportunities – scholarships, grants, loans or a combination of resources – and experts to assist and answer your questions.
Start by Completing FAFSA
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) through StudentAid.gov. The FAFSA serves as the initial application for all federal grants and loans in addition to being one of the ways you can apply for HOPE Scholarship.
- Students may file a FAFSA as early as Oct. 1 each year.
Tips for Completing the FAFSA
- Students and parents (if student is dependent) will be required to report income information from a prior tax year. For example, on the 2022-2023 FAFSA, students (and parents, as appropriate) will report their 2020 income information.
- If given the option, it is important you use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool when completing the financial portions of your FAFSA. Using this tool expedites the FAFSA process. Learn more about linking your taxes to FAFSA using the IRS's Data Retrieval Tool.
- The FAFSA must be signed by you and your parents (if you are a dependent student). In order to sign the FAFSA electronically, you must register for your FSA ID.
- If you are a parent of a dependent student, you will need your own FSA ID if you want to sign your student's FAFSA electronically. If you have more than one student attending college, you can use the same FSA ID to sign all applications. Please note: Each FSA ID user must have a unique e-mail address. An FSA ID is a username and password that you must use to log in to certain U.S. Department of Education (ED) websites.
- When completing the FAFSA, use GGC’s Federal School Code: 041429.
If you're only interested in receiving the HOPE Scholarship, you can fill out a HOPE Scholarship application through the Georgia Student Finance Application (GSFAPP). The GSFAPP is a one-time only application that does not have to be renewed each year.
- Types of financial aid from StudentAid.gov
- College saving options from BigFuture College Board
FAFSA Priority Filing Deadlines
Fall Semester – June 1
Spring Semester – Nov. 11
Summer Semester – March 1
Financial Aid Priority Document Submission Deadlines
Completed FAFSA application AND verification, and submission of all requested documents
Fall Semester – July 6
Spring Semester – Dec. 1
Summer Semester – Apr. 15