Mr. Kevin Resnick
Assistant Professor of Film
Kevin Resnick is an award-winning writer, director, actor and film instructor who served as an officer in the U.S. Air Force and flew airplanes as a C-130 Navigator. After moving on from the military, his innate flair for comedy allowed him to make a successful living as an actor in New York, where he starred in several acclaimed films on the national festival circuit, receiving Best Actor nominations for his work on four different occasions.
As a writer/director, his films have screened in festivals worldwide, to include the Cannes Film Festival, and have won many awards, including multiple Best Film and Audience Choice Awards.
His short films, "On Becoming A Man and Doodles," have been distributed by Shorts International.
Resnick recently wrote/directed/produced his first feature film, "Cloudy With a Chance of Sunshine." The film had its world premiere at the Manhattan Film Festival, where it won Best Feature Film in its category. Since then, the film has screened in 10 other festivals, picking up nominations for Best Film, Best Director, and Best Screenplay, among others.
"Cloudy" is distributed by House Lights Media is available on Amazon Video and DVD.
Kevin has been the recipient of the ABC TV Veterans' Directing Fellowship, the Canon/Dances with Films Filmmaking Grant, as well as a finalist for the Disney/ABC Directing Fellowship.
He was awarded the 2017 Taliesin Nexus filmmakers grant to produce his next film.
In addition to teaching film at Georgia Gwinnett College, Resnick has also taught at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) for their Veterans Make Movies program, and spoken on panels at the Canon Burbank headquarters, the New York Film Academy, and film festivals nationwide.
View more about Resnick on Brand New Day Productions.
- Master's – filmmaking – New York Film Academy
- Best Comedy Film – IFS Film Festival, Los Angeles
- Best Short Film – Athens Jewish Film Festival, Georgia
- Award of Merit – Los Angeles Cinema Festival of Hollywood
- Audience Favorite – Media Film Festival, Pennsylvania
- Best Feature Film (student) – Manhattan Film Festival, New York
- Best Film (nominated) – Love International Film Festival, Los Angeles
- Best Director (nominated) – Love International Film Festival, Los Angeles
- Official Selection – Sedona International Film Festival, Sedona Arizona
- Official Selection – Breckenridge Film Festival, Colorado
- Official Selection – Julien Dubuque f International Film Festival, Iowa
- Official Selection – Illinois International Film Festival, Chicago
- Official Selection – Hoboken International Film Festival, New Jersey
- Official Selection – Borrego Springs Film Festival, California
- Official Selection – Action On Film Festival, Pasadena California
- Official Selection – Cannes Film Festival, France
- Official Selection – HollyShorts Film Festival, Los Angeles
- Official Selection – Downtown Film Festival, Los Angeles
- Official Selection – Julien Dubuque International Film Festival, Iowa
- Official Selection – San Pedro International Film Festival, California
- Official Selection – Laughlin International Film Festival, Nevada
- Official Selection – Carmel Art & Film Festival, California
- Official Selection – First Glance Film Festival, Philadelphia
- Official Selection – New Hope Film Festival, Pennsylvania
- Veterans in Media & Entertainment (VME)