Dr. Laurel Holland
Interim Dean of School of Liberal ArtsDownload vCard
Dr. Holland came to GGC as the first associate professor of sociology. She received her Ph.D. from the University of Tennessee in 2000 and taught for 11 years at the University of West Georgia where she served as the graduate studies director and interim chair of the Department of Sociology and Criminology.
She was the president of the Georgia Sociological Association in 2008 and has presented research at state, regional and national conferences. She has published in several peer-reviewed academic journals and enjoys coaching students in the research process.
She served as an assistant dean for two years at GGC before becoming the associate dean of the School of Liberal Arts in 2014.
- Doctorate – sociology – University of Tennessee
- Social movements
- Social inequality
- Sex and gender
- Georgia Sociological Association, president (2008)
- Distinguished Service Award (2009)
- AAUP president (2003-2004)
- Society for the Study of Social Problems
- American Sociological Association
- Southern Sociological Society
- Georgia Sociological Association