Mrs. Manal Nasir
Part-Time Faculty, Information Technology
Mrs. Manal Nasir is a part-time faculty member in the School of Science and Technology. Her teaching interests include database management systems, machine learning and smart systems, management information systems, and computer crime and investigation techniques.
Nasir brings an open mind, a positive attitude, and high expectations to the workplace, every day. She believes that she owes it to her colleagues, herself, and the community to bring consistency, diligence, and warmth to her job, hoping to ultimately inspire and encourage each colleague, student and faculty.
- Master's – information technology – American Intercontinental University, Atlanta
- Databases and big data
- Machine learning
- Smart systems
- Javanshir,A. Nasir, M.M. “Logic Programming in Decision Support Systems,“ International Journal of Excellence in e-Learning, ISSN: 1996-871X, Volume: 4 Issue: 2, 2012
- Al Naemi. M. Falaylah and M. Nasir, “Semi-Fluid: Implementing a High-Speed Content Distribution Model for Peer-TO-Peer Overlay Network,” in Proc. of ICDIPC 2013: The 3rd International Conference on Digital Information Processing and Communications. Dubai, UAE: SDIWC, January 2013, pp. 600-610"
- A. AL-Masri, M. Nasir. “Implementing Machine Learning for Big Data Analytics”, 2nd International Conference on Big Data Analysis and Data Mining, San Antonio, USA, Nov 30 to Dec 02, 2015
- A. AL-Masri, M. Nasir, "Learning Machine Implementation for Big Data Analytics, Challenges and Solutions,” Journal of Data Mining in Genomics & Proteomics, ISSN: 2153-0602 JDMGP, Volume 7 • Issue 2 • 1000190, Feb 2016
- Bin Touq, A., Ijeh, A.C., Al Masri, A.N., Nasir, M.M. “Exploiting On-Site and Off-Site Clients for Flash Floods in the Gulf Cooperation Council,” Horizons in Humanities and Social Sciences: An International Refereed Journal (HHSS) 3(1), 2017
- AL-Masri A.N., Ijeh A., Nasir M. (2019) Smart City Framework Development: Challenges and Solutions. Smart Technologies and Innovation for a Sustainable Future. Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation (IEREK Interdisciplinary Series for Sustainable Development). Springer, Cham. ISPN: 978-3-030-01658-6 & 978-3-030-01659-3. eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science.
- Internal Grant by American University in the Emirates – Dubai, Value: $25K
Two pending patents have been filed to UK Intellectual Property Office as follows:
- Title: Lifeguard Behavioral Intervention Technology – LBIT by Dr. Anthony Ijeh, Mrs. Manal Nasir and Dr. Ahmed Al Masri. Application # GB1701983.7
Objectives: The project aims to provide an intervention for drowning prevention and essential maritime services needed at the sea. The fully automated solution mitigates the 6-minute time lapse it takes UAE maritime authorities to reach a drowning person. The work to be done includes the development and testing of the solution.
- Title: Environmental API/GPS Navigation Device for Optimized Road Traffic Control by Dr. Ahmed Al Masri, Mrs. Manal Nasir and Dr. Anthony Ijeh. Application #GB1702297.1
Objectives: The research will contribute towards solving the issue of traffic accidents caused by environmental hazards. The immediate objective and aim of this project is to ensure the development of component modules which integrate to form the adaptable road navigation system
Editorship and Refereeing Activities
- Think Science Fair (Universities and High Schools Innovation Competition), Judging Panel, April 2018
- Dean’s List (4 terms), CGPA of 4.00, 2003 to 2004
- Best Teacher in College of Computer Information Technology – AUE, AY 2014 to 2015
- IET Award, 2nd Place in Institute of Engineering and Technology Innovation Award, London, UK, Fall 2017 to 2018
- English (fluent)
- Arabic (native)
- Member, Java Lobby Association
- Member, Ankabout Network/Research Network
- Member, Accounting Club